Monday, January 26, 2009

Recovery

"The psychotic does not merely think he sees four blue bivalves with floppy wings wandering up the wall; he does see them. An hallucination is not, strictly speaking, manufactured in the brain; it is received by the brain, like any 'real' sense datum, and the patient act in response to this to-him-very-real perception of reality in as logical a way as we do to our sense data. In any way to suppose he only 'thinks he sees it' is to misunderstand totally the experience of psychosis."

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Phillip K. Dick



I finally got some good sleep last night. Not enough, but more than 6 hours, so I'll have to make do. We got a LOT done over the weekend.. but still have a ways to go. I haven't spoken to the others but I am prepared to call our first night in the new house a success. No fires, no more broken bones, no 911 calls. So far so good!

Back to work and enjoying the strange sensations of my muscles sorely settling into their cube dweller mode. Today should be chill, just have a ton of backup jobs to schedule for our server farm and then can finally tackle some data center stuff I've been putting off since November.

Nothing funny or interesting to write about so closing this page really fast before anyone notices I just posted a blog with zero content.

3 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

FIRST!

Do I get kicked off the blog now?

Bob Dobalina said...

Yeah, verily, the banhammer will fall upon thee.

Plus you will not be allowed to join our Live Action Role Playing group for the next campaign.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big Dick fan. Oh, and I liked that quote, too.