Saturday, May 31, 2008

Whose birthday is it?

So my girlfriend's birthday was yesterday. Due to the both of us having a complete inability to wait for surprises, I had already given her presents 2 weeks ago, so I went with a card and chocolates to avoid having nothing. Found her an awesome talking card that had 2 characters discussing the need to 'not startle the elderly recipient with loud b-day greetings'. I'm considerate like that. Scibbled all over the inside of the card w/ "I love ya" in 30 languages (favorite: Nob Nala in Wolof") and "Happy Birthday" in 10 or so tongues. She appeared to like it.

Then she revealed that because her party was postponed (long story) she was going to take me on a surprise date. I was not allowed to know anything, other than I would need to gas the convertible and to be ready to leave by 7pm. After some intense oral persuasion (I asked her, where is your mind? Dirty.) she revealed it would be about an hour away.

What an amazing night. First: She takes me to meet up with friend Nick for a freaking DRIVE IN DOUBLE FEATURE. Iron Man (always cool for a re-view) and Speed Racer. Now, I'll admit, I had little to no interest in Speed Racer. Never watched the cartoon much, just didn't care. GO SEE THIS MOVIE. It's amazing, funny, FUN, and just a great way to spend 2 hours.

I had the best time. We were sitting with the top down, smoking our devil cancer sticks, making out like horny teenagers, and enjoying the immensely cool drive in atmosphere when she drops surprise #2: After the second movie we are going somewhere for the second half of the surprise date.

Around 2am we pull into Puddingstone Resort. We spend an hour of private time in a beautiful cabin overlooking the city with candles and soft music. It was.. I'm running out of suitable adjectives, trust me, it was mind-blowing.

Seriously, last night felt like it was my birthday. She has substantially raised the bar.. so on my birthday I'm going to have to go all out to rock her world. I may in fact be with the coolest girl in the whole wide world and I don't even care how saccharine sweet that sounds.

Ideas and suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

Call Me Hussy said...

Not too shabby for a totally spur of the moment outing, right? Glad drinks got canceled.

Just wait til I actually have a chance to plan something!

I've had a pretty awesome birthday so far: gifts from you, a wonderful trip to the Pacific Northwest with white water rafting, more white water rafting next weekend. And everyone who was trying to put together the party for me. WOW!

And now the girls from work doing a little bbq tonight.

I heart fun!

Moderator said...

Drive-in double features often lead to minds that are blown.

Bob Dobalina said...

Among other things. *badump bump*

Yeah, I went there.