Saturday, May 24, 2008

Showers and Strangeness

I do some strange things. At least I think they may be strange. I was getting ready for work (took Wednesday off, making it today so I don't burn a vacation day) and I started observing myself. I realized some things I do without thinking about it may strike others as odd.

Like my morning meditation moment. Every morning, while showering, I turn the water hotter than I like, then sit down cross-legged on the shower floor for about 5 minutes. 10 minutes if I'm expecting a rough day. I just let the hot water (has to be hotter than usual or it will get a bit chilled on the journey down to me) rain down on me as I think about nothing. At least that's the goal; it usually takes a few moments for my fears/worries/joys to bugger off and let me relax. I may squirm a bit to let the hot water reach all over me but otherwise I just sit still and let everything go. Finally, with a sigh, I rise and commence with the washing and such.

I also brush my teeth in the shower, which I'm told is odd. I like being able to use the shower as a shower-pick thing on my teeths.

When I leave the shower I am physically incapable of using 1 towel to dry off. I'm not huge either. I just can't do it. I need one towel as my pre-dry and once I'm almost dry, I grab another towel to finish it off. Which may explain why I need to keep buying more towels.

Back in college I was known for showering every time I got drunk. I would be wasted, ask the host or hostess where their bathroom was.. and minutes later they would hear the shower. I would only use it for a couple of minutes but it got me some strange looks. At least I always left it clean? Plus I really like doing dishes (another quirk, I absolutely zen out while doing dishes) so I would help the hosts clean up after parties which probably negated any qualms they had with me using their showers at odd times.

Huh.. reading this over, its less about my personal oddities and more about how much I just love showers.

So what do you do that others might consider odd? Do you love showers?

Oh and this Wednesday I am skipping work to hit Magic Mountain. Any SoCal slackers wanna come?

9 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

No matter how great you think showers are, baths are better.

Bob Dobalina said...

GB- Correction: YOUR bath is better.

Catherine said...

mmm, baths. Showers and baths both are therapy for me. I use that phrase 'zen out' too, and I find myself doing that at somewhat unlikely times. I just find myself having taken my eyes out of focus and relaxed my muscles, hands still, my brainwaves shifted way down. A little voice way back there somewhere'll be like, wow, this is nice, can we just stay like this for a minute? Because this is nice.

It'll be like when I'm in line at the bank or something.

Anonymous said...

Buddhalina, nice that you do a daily meditation...have the hairs on the floor ever crept up your butt?

Doing dishes, showering with two towels and showering when wasted...odd but adorable. Hey, I know people that just throw up in showers when they're wasted (not me of course, I like toilets and sidewalks).

Do you masturbate before or after the meditation?

You are welcome to come over and do dishes anytime. I'll supply the two towels for you.

Confession: I brush my teeth in the shower too. It makes sense, you are already cleaning so why not just finish the job, right?

Bittersweet Confusion said...

You do dishes... Will you marry me?

Bob Dobalina said...

Cath- I wish I could do that when Im out and about. Especially the bank. I bore easily and get driven nuts when waiting in line by myself.

WTB: No on the hairs. I'm actually fairly hairless, cept for my lower legs. It's all the Irish.
FUN FACT: Buddhalina needs to be laying down for masturbatory purposes and never has enough room in the shower to really stretch out. So to answer your question, it depends: If I feel like it will be a lengthy self-stimulating session, I will do it before because I know I'll get all sweaty and then shower after. If I think I can get a 10 min quickie done, I'll do it after when I'm all clean and good-smelling.

Stop me for TMI at any time.

Bittersweet: Well my tender heart is currently in the vice grip of another lass.. but I was raised Mormon, so sure, let's go for it.

Unknown said...

Def TMI with your last comment there bob lol.. Showers are great but your love for them goes above and beyond and right into the odd zone!

Anonymous said...

I really love TMI so please continue. This is a blog which is supposed to be TMI right?

Mormon? sweet! I'll be sister-wife #3 as long as I can have multiple hubbies.

Bob Dobalina said...

TMI it is!

Actually it's too bad the bday party got cancelled. I was thinking if I got drunk and insisted on "ShowerTIME!" that I would drag you in and we could both brush our teeth.